Thursday, May 24, 2012

Public Servant or Politician?

      It's been a year since I ran for a volunteer five-member select board in my town. I have found it to be very interesting and rewarding. When I initially ran for office I sent out a press release stating my goals. I was perplexed when I was not acknowledged. In the past the press has been very accommodating and instrumental in helping me to raise funds for veterans markers, organize a community watch and coordinate a litter pick up. I am still the same person, nothing has changed. I am not that naive to understand that politicians have been corrupt in the past and that I had yet to prove myself worthy of the position. But don't we believe in America that one is innocent until proven guilty and should all politician be mistrusted and ostracized? I am thankful that I have been given a chance to show what I can do for my town. Hopefully, the press will not ignore future candidates who want to help their communities too.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment